Update an existing customer's information in OpenCart
- Log in to the admin area for your OpenCart store.
- On the left menu, navigate to Customers > Customers
- Search for customer's name in Customer List.
- Tip: start typing customer name, then click the name to select it when it pops up, then click Filter.
- Click the Edit button to the right of client details.
- Make the changes required
- For example, to change password, on General tab, enter new password, confirm password
- Click Save at top right.
Help the Customer to reset their password (recommended)
When following the above steps, it may seem necessary to issue a new password to the customer by email.
However, for security, to avoid issuing passwords via email, it is better to avoid this process and send the customer to:
For a full overview of customer management in OpenCart, please visit the official documentation: